Monday, February 25, 2013

Legonardo the Legobot can draw portraits



This is Legonardo (nice play on words there), he likes to draw portraits. He`s made of Lego technic brick and controlled using Lego Mindstorms parts via a PC. He`s pretty good at it too.


Daniele Benedettelli, his creator writes:

"Ladies and gentlemen, here is LEGONARDO, a portrayer robot. It is my fourth generation drawing machine. It is inspired by the work of 18th Century Swiss watch and automata makers Pierre Jacquet-Droz and Henri Maillardet. After reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, I completely redesigned my portrayer into this shape.The name is a tribute to Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian artist and inventor. The drawings are generated by a custom software I wrote, similar to the one used for my first portrayer robot."

much more here

No comments:

Post a Comment